The True Purpose Of Business Is To Nurture People’s Growth
Using key tools of leadership to create high-performing teams:
Alignment | Authority | Aspiration | Ability
Bringing the team on the journey:
- Accepting the need for change.
- Having an agreed alternative.
- Creating the ability to deliver the required changes.
Having measurement and reporting processes to know when things are on-track and when they are not so that you can respond appropriately in a timely fashion.
Focussed business improvement leads to better business outcomes and is often necessary to maintain market position and is vital when strategy changes need to be implemented across the business.
Delivering projects that make a difference through:
- Project prioritisation and selection.
- Using a stage-gated approach to project delivery.
- Measurement and tracking.
We work with leaders to develop a disciplined systems approach.
With decades in business and the hard sciences, Simon Higgins knows the potential impact every decision can have on a business. Simon started his career as a research scientist and has worked in a range of industries, including mining and smelting in the resources sector, oil refining and heavy logistics in both trucking and rail.
Simon possesses extensive operational experience in a variety of major heavy-industry organisations. His strength is integrating tools from a variety of thinking into sustainable solutions. He has led and supported transformational change programs for a range of major organisations, developed economic cost and value driver models, and undertaken detailed cultural reviews across organisations to assist with change programs and project implementation.
Simon has a hands-on approach which, combined with an ability to integrate and synthesise information from all levels of an organisation, allows him to cut rapidly to the heart of an opportunity within a customer’s business.
“As a consultant, I have provided management and analytical expertise for projects in multinational companies including Unimin Corporation, Anglo American, Debswana (Jwaneng Diamond Mine, Botswana), Origin Energy, QantasLink, and Queensland Gas Corporation.”
With a Bachelor of Applied Science (Metallurgy) from the South Australian Institute of Technology (1985), and an MBA from the University of Tasmania (1996), Simon has continued to build his professional development by completing courses in leadership, safety, and process management and improvement.
Simon Higgins is a member of the Australian Institute of Management and of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. In his book, Profitable Decision Making, Simon systematically dismantles the key impediments and distractions that can cripple business leaders in their decision-making process.
Gently Consulting – helping you turn
your business vision into reality
In this breakthrough book for business leaders, you’ll learn…
- What profitable outcomes really are for your business (the answer isn’t as simple as you think!)
- Why you can’t expect others to come to the same conclusions you do with identical supporting data
- How decisions made after excruciating consideration can be even more dangerous than those made ‘on the fly’
- How to nurture a culture of good decision-making processes and approaches in order to support your strategy
- How to realistically contextualise the results of your decisions amongst the myriad of other factors